Oregon — The Oregon Health Authority Public Health Division is accepting applications for members of its Marijuana Rules Advisory Committee (RAC). The deadline to apply is October 26, 2015.
The RAC positions for which the OHA is recruiting include:
- Oregon Retail Marijuana Scientific Advisory Committee member
- Local public health department representative
- Local public health officer
- Public health academic/practice
- Member of the general public (two positions)
- Marijuana grower
- Marijuana processor
- Marijuana dispensary owner
- Marijuana laboratory
- Marijuana industry representative at large
- Advisory Committee on Medical Marijuana member
- Oregon Medical Marijuana Program cardholder.
Those selected to serve on the committee will be notified on Wednesday, October 28.
The committee will meet regularly between November 2015 and April 2016. Meetings are scheduled for November 9, 16, 23 and 30. Other dates are to be determined and will likely not be as frequent as every week. All meetings will be from 9 a.m. to noon at the Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon St., first floor.
The application can be downloaded from the committee’s website at http://www.oregon.gov/oha/mmj/Pages/RAC.aspx. Please type or print clearly to complete the form. Send the completed application to:
OHA rules coordinator
Attn: Brittany Sande
800 NE Oregon St., Suite 930
Portland, OR 97232
HB 3400 and SB 460, passed during the 2015 legislative session, requires OHA to write rules related to marijuana, including rules for limited marijuana retail sales and residency; growers and processors; dispensaries; Oregon Medical Marijuana Program cards and registry; and labeling, concentration and testing.
Contact: Jonathan Modie, 971-246-9139, PHD.Communications@state.or.us