OAKLAND, Calif. — The National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA), the only national trade association representing the businesses of the legal marijuana industry, will hold its 4th annual Cannabis Business Summit® & Expo at the Oakland Marriott City Center in Oakland, CA, June 12-14, 2017.
As California prepares to launch the world’s largest adult-use cannabis market, other states establish or evolve their own programs, and questions remain about the future of federal marijuana policy, NCIA’s flagship event will prepare cannabis professionals for the opportunities and challenges ahead.
The Cannabis Business Summit® & Expo is the most influential cannabis business trade show in the U.S., hosted in the epicenter of the cannabis movement by the industry’s only national trade association. Named 2016’s Best Business Event by The Denver Post’s Cannabist and one of Trade Show Executive’s Fastest 50 Growing Trade Shows of 2016, NCIA’s largest event of the year brings together the industry’s brightest and best minds to provide attendees with high-value, curated educational programs, including personalized, hands-on workshops, a five-track general summit, and innovative, peer-reviewed presentations.
Following the momentous 2016 election, the theme of this year’s Cannabis Business Summit® & Expo is “Cultivating a New Era of Enterprise.” The Summit strives to prepare the cannabis industry with best practices and methods to succeed in the ever-changing regulatory environment, to strengthen the cannabis community’s collective voice, and to advocate for cannabis policy and reform at the national level. NCIA invites all current, new, and prospective cannabis professionals to learn, network, and make their voices heard at the 2017 Cannabis Business Summit® & Expo.
Pre-Summit activities on June 12 include:
- Full-day workshop – The Cannabis Conservancy Presents: From Roots to Fruits: Building Resiliency for Farms, Manufacturers, Distributors, and Dispensaries
- Full-day boot camp – Starting and Operating a Successful Medical Cannabis Dispensary, Cultivation, or Infused Products Company
- Continuing Legal Education session with the National Cannabis Bar Association
- Intimate, behind-the-scenes cannabis business tours
General Summit activities on June 13-14 include:
- Opening remarks by NCIA executive director Aaron Smith
- Keynote speakers from experts in business and policy
- More than 80,000 square feet of sold-out expo floor
- Five educational session tracks:
- The Fine Print: Money, Law, and Your Business
- Cultivation & Processing
- Running Your CannaBusiness
- Policy & Reform
- Leading Edge: Emerging Topics in the Cannabis Industry
- Networking reception
- Official NCIA after-party
Additional Cannabis Business Summit® & Expo agenda details are being released throughout this month. Those interested should follow NCIA on Facebook (@TheNCIA) and Twitter (@NCIAorg), or sign up online (CannabisBusinessSummit.com/Oakland-2017/Agenda) to receive the latest information.
NCIA’s Cannabis Business Summit® & Expo 2017 is expected to sell out with more than 4,500 attendees. Potential attendees are urged to purchase Conference and Expo Passes as soon as possible at CannabisBusinessSummit.com or by calling (888) 409-4419. Prices for Summit registration will increase after March 24.
Representing more than 1,000 member-businesses nationwide, the National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) is the largest cannabis trade association in the U.S. and the only organization representing cannabis-related businesses at the national level. NCIA promotes the growth of a responsible and legitimate cannabis industry and works toward a favorable social, economic, and legal environment for that industry in the United States.
Contact: Taylor West, Deputy Director
(303) 223-3585 – firstname.lastname@example.org