NORTH AMERICA — MJIC Inc. has completed its quarterly rebalancing of the Marijuana Index, adding 11 new cannabis companies to its North American Marijuana Index.
Given the cannabis industry’s strong trading performance during Q4 2016, the minimum trading requirements for companies to join the indeces was increased. Companies must have achieved a weighted average minimum market capitalization of $30 million USD, daily trading volume of $400,000 USD and share price of $0.10 USD. Companies with more than $5 million USD of revenue over the prior year are exempt from the above trading requirements.
Companies added to the United States Marijuana Index:
- American Cannabis Company, Inc. (AMMJ) offers a fully integrated suite of services and products for companies seeking to start or expand their cannabis-based businesses.
- Axim Biotechnologies, Inc. (AXIM) focuses on the research, development and production of cannabis-based pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic products.
- CannaRoyalty Corp. (CRZ:CNX) is an investor and operator focused on building a diversified portfolio of assets in high-value segments of the cannabis sector.
- GrowGeneration Corp. (GRWG) owns and operates specialty retail hydroponic and organic gardening stores.
- Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. (IIPR) owns and manages specialized industrial properties leased to state-licensed cannabis facility operators.
- Nutritional High International Inc. (EAT:CNX) is focused on developing and acquiring marijuana-infused edible products and oil extracts in legal U.S. states.
- Surna, Inc. (SRNA) designs, manufactures and distributes innovative technologies for commercial indoor cannabis cultivation facilities.
- United Cannabis Corp. (CNAB) provides consulting services, proprietary products, and licenses its intellectual property to businesses in the cannabis industry.
Companies added to the Canadian Marijuana Index:
- Emblem Corp. (EMC:CA) cultivates and sells medical marijuana from its facilities in Paris, Ontario.
- Emerald Health Therapeutics Inc. (EMH:CA) cultivates and sells medical marijuana from its facility in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd. (NSP:CA) is a biotechnology company focused on developing and selling hemp-based food products.
“The U.S. elections in November proved favorable to the legal cannabis industry and publicly traded cannabis stocks, as the North American Marijuana Index increased 134% in the last six months of the year,” said Dan Nicholls, Vice President. “Both the Canadian Marijuana Index and the U.S. Marijuana Index achieved substantial gains during 2016, increasing 205% and 175% for the year, respectively.”
The North American Marijuana Index tracks the leading public cannabis companies operating in the United States and Canada, and is broken down into two country sub-indices: the U.S. Marijuana Index and the Canadian Marijuana Index. Each index is equal-weighted and rebalanced quarterly. The North American Marijuana Index now has 28 constituents, and the U.S. Marijuana Index and the Canadian Marijuana Index have 17 constituents and 11 constituents, respectively.
About The Marijuana Index
The Marijuana Index tracks the leading cannabis and hemp stocks operating in the United States and Canada. It offers investors the tools and information they need to monitor the public markets in this growing industry. The Marijuana Index is owned and managed by MJIC, Inc. The Marijuana Index is for informational purposes only. Inclusion in the Marijuana Index is not an endorsement or recommendation for any company.
For more information, please visit www.marijuanaindex.com.
About MJIC, Inc.
MJIC, Inc., a privately held company, is a diversified holding company focused on distribution, media and events, compliance services, and financial services within the cannabis industry. MJIC, Inc works alongside some of the top businesses and industry leaders in the nation, and along with its substantial stake within the cannabis business, is quickly emerging as one of the industry’s largest businesses today.
To learn more about MJIC, Inc., please visit: www.mjic.com.