BERKELEY, Calif. — Steep Hill, the global leader in cannabis testing and analytics, today announced it has licensed its cannabis testing technology for use in Pennsylvania and Washington, DC to the same highly respected physician team that operates Steep Hill Maryland. The lab in Columbia, MD has been completed and will be ready to test 60 days before the first batch of medical cannabis will need to be tested.
Dr. Andrew Rosenstein, CEO of Steep Hill Maryland – and now also CEO of Steep Hill Pennsylvania and Steep Hill DC – said, “The professionalism in science and business support that Steep Hill has provided to us since we signed the licensing deal for Steep Hill Maryland in May has been extraordinary. The ramp up to launch is going extremely well, and it has given us the confidence to make the decision to expand into Pennsylvania and Washington DC, with the goal of being the East Coast “hub” for Steep Hill. As we expand with Steep Hill, we are also looking for strong local operating partners to join our team in Pennsylvania, and we would encourage interested strategic partners to contact us. Together we intend to be the gold standard for science, service, and safety for the medical cannabis industry in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.”
In making the joint announcement, Steep Hill President and CEO Jmîchaeĺe Keller said, “Steep Hill is excited not only to expand our footprint on the East Coast to offer a larger population base of medical patients access to safe, tested, and healthy cannabis, but also to strengthen our strong partnership with Dr. Rosenstein and his highly qualified team of medical professionals. Together we will deliver the best science, technology, and professionalism available in cannabis testing for medical patients in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Washington DC. This marks a new era in cannabis safety for the East Coast. The Steep Hill East Coast team consists of doctors like Dr. Ahmed Sufyan laboratory specialists, and health care experts including board-certified pathologists, gastroenterologists, and highly experienced health care business professionals who have years of experience in patient care and testing human tissue to detect disease. This highly qualified, physcian-led team will be intimately involved in setting the standard for cannabis safety in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia, and will also work together with our world class scientists in other states. We plan to coordinate our shared knowledge of the cannabis plant within the Steep Hill network globally, while moving the science forward together.”
The Steep Hill Maryland, Steep Hill Pennsylvania,and Steep Hill DC team is comprised of:
- Dr. Andrew Rosenstein, CEO, and the Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology at University of Maryland Saint Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Rosenstein has been recognized by Baltimore Magazine as a top doctor in the Baltimore area and has an appointment as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Dr. Charles J. Sailey, a board-certified clinical and Molecular Genetic Pathologist with medical licenses in several states. He has served as medical and scientific director of lab departments in molecular genetic pathology, molecular microbiology, metabolic genetics, toxicology, and clinical chemistry.
- Dr. Amin Khan, an experienced board-certified Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist who has been a Medical Director of a busy ambulatory endoscopy center, a co-founder of a human tissue diagnostics laboratory, and is the principal founder and medical director of the innovative reference laboratory, Integrated Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics (ICMD).
- Mr. Marc Rosenstein, CPA, MBA, will serve as CFO, a capacity for which he has previously served healthcare systems, surgery centers, physician practices and pathology laboratories.
- Barry F. Pritchard, MBA, is a technical business development professional having held executive leadership roles in various technology companies. He is an American Chemical Society certified chemist with creative skills in natural products isolation and quantitation. He brings a unique “Voice of Customer” focus to our operational mission of ensuring safe and well characterized medicines to the communities we serve.
For more information about cannabis testing, please visit the Steep Hill website: http://steephill.com
ABOUT STEEP HILL
Founded in California in 2008, Steep Hill Labs, Inc. is a science and technology firm that has become the industry leader in cannabis testing and analytics. Steep Hill has labs open or in development in seven U.S. states (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Maryland, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Washington State), Washington DC, and one country internationally (Jamaica), with many more to come— making Steep Hill the largest cannabis lab network in the world. The company pioneered the first medical cannabis potency and microbiological contaminants testing methodology for use in California—the first state to legalize medical cannabis. Steep Hill has since developed a variety of revolutionary cannabis testing products, including QuantaCann™, QuantaCann2™ and GenKit™. Steep Hillprovides expert consulting services to many states, countries and municipalities, and the company is developing proprietary genetic testing, mapping and trademark protection services for the industry as well.
Contact: Cathie Bennett Warner
SOURCE Steep Hill