IRVINE, CA – Cannabis Science, Inc. (OTC PINK: CBIS), a U.S. company specializing in the development of cannabis-based medicines, is pleased to provide its future operations and growth guidance based on its current projects, cash-flow projections, and current historic market advancements. Key industry growth indicators show high-growth potential, faster new drug releases, and more advanced clinical studies through more than one laboratory compound.
Key CBIS market growth indicators propel the Company into the first half of 2016:
- The Company applauded legislators in seeking to improve access to cannabis for medical purposes, and the DEA for initiating a review on its scheduling of marijuana. Market could potentially open up approximately 10 – 100 times to well over US$300 Billion based on streamlined FDA clinical trials access and increased pre-clinical study acceptances.
- Historic November voting in California could see a market increase of 100 – 1,000 times based on relaxed laws for adult to access medical marijuana based on age specific regulations. This California move could potentially drive the Cannabis industry to well over US$750 Billion. In due time, the industry could see a steady healthy growth curve across America thus ringing in the Country’s newest Trillion-dollar industry.
- This sets the stage for a breakout year for the Company as the market expands. Each year will expand our success. Even at a minimal 1% market capture rate, the Company could rapidly see a combined influx of revenues that can instantly change the face of the company forever. CBIS sets this stage for high-growth amidst DEA historical national industry changes for critical ailment treatments & historic California voting in November.
- In preparation for this explosive growth CBIS, Inc. has relocated its headquarters to Irvine, California to be closer to suppliers, distributers, and our strategic partners. The Company is negotiating for a Los Angeles area laboratory/medical clinic. CBIS, Inc. has initiated pre-clinical trials for five (5) critical drugs targeting cancer, HIV/AIDS, and a number of endemic neurological disorders. Our cannabinoid portfolio is extensive and we are currently creating coherent drug development programs for each active cannabinoid set.
- The landmark California lab expansions will ignite laboratory progress with its partner IGXBio’s GenePro FDA Investigational New Drug (IND) Number 015982 for further drug development to identify & develop agonist cannabinoids for GenePro.
- CBIS applauds the recent success of GW Pharmaceuticals in their phase three testing of a CBD-based product designed to treat patients with a rare form of epilepsy. The successful trials in Europe help pave the way for companies like Cannabis Science to move forward with their own testing in Europe and in the United States. It will also allow for a quicker regulatory process due to more research being made available for regulators and more experience with these types of treatments.
- “We couldn’t be happier with GW Pharmaceutical’s success today. As these positive results continue to be found in pivotal studies, public and regulatory perception opens up to the effectiveness of CBD in treating disease, both physically and mentally,” said Cannabis Science, Inc. President & CEO, Co-Founder, Raymond C. Dabney. Cannabis Science is working diligently to continue testing and providing limited rollouts for its own CBD-based treatment products in California at the moment. On the heels of GW Pharmaceuticals’ success, the Company is more confident than ever in its planned wide-scale rollout, which will include a wider array of near term clinical drug development programs in California, possibly Washington, and the Netherlands.
- The new laboratory can open the markets dramatically for the Company’s proprietary cannabinoid formulations being created to be distributed nationwide. The urgent objective is the treatment of critical ailments, such as various cancers, HIV/AIDS, pain management, autism, PTSD, and other neurological conditions. Though this list represents only a handful of the targeted ailments we hope to treat, it reflects some of the serious medical afflictions we are dealing with. The Company fully understands that while the price is high, one blockbuster pharmaceutical drug can change the framework forever in Cannabis Science, and the Company believes it has more than one.
- Mr. Raymond C. Dabney, President, Chief Executive Officer, and Co-Founder of Cannabis Science, Inc., has accepted an invitation to serve as a Co-Chair of this year’s Ronald H. Brown African Affairs Series organized by the Constituency for Africa (CFA). The theme of this year’s event, scheduled from September 12-17th, 2016 in Washington, DC, “Setting the US-Africa Agenda for the Next Administration.”
- In May 2016 CBIS African healthcare infrastructure delegation led by Mr. Raymond Dabney and including Dr. Julius Garvey, member of the Scientific Advisory Board of CBIS, Dr. Allen Herman, Chief Medical Officer of CBIS, and Mr. Melvin Foote, President & CEO of Constituency for Africa has just concluded with outstanding results. Beginning in Cape Town, South Africa, the CBIS delegation met with key stakeholders in Government Ministries, political parties, the private sector, civil society, and academia. CBIS discussed and planned collaboration with international regulatory agencies in South Africa and Namibia to provide access to high quality, first-class cannabinoid pharmaceuticals to those critically in need of new treatments for life threatening and debilitating conditions.
- The CBIS delegation has met the prime objectives of the trip to South Africa and is now planning the next steps and trip for a follow up implementation program. The delegation, educational leaders, and the various government entities discussed the critical role that the Raymond C. Dabney University (RCDU) will play in education, job creation, and in the development of effective cannabinoids and other phyto-pharmaceuticals for the many critical ailments that are endemic in the region.
- “Our visit to southern Africa, which also marked my first visit to Africa, was successful, rich, and fulfilling. The people and leaders of Namibia and South Africa showed us remarkable generosity and we know that our collaboration with the extraordinary institutions and people of the region will result in sustainable drug development, research, educational programs, and job creation covering the basic areas of economic development one step at a time across the vast continent of Africa,” commented Mr. Dabney.
- The Company signed its first Native American property development deal for 10-acres partnering with RCDU for a total of 40-acres to be developed in Fort McDermitt, which will provide legal education, new drug research, plenty of jobs, and cultivation opportunities for the tribal members. Revenue boost is the secondary gain here even though it’s moderately projected over US$100 Million for the project. The additional educational, community and economic development opportunities provided by the partnership with our university and the Native American tribe is profound, and sets the stage for sustainable drug development.
- Cannabis Science will host a black tie, red carpet Gala event in Los Angeles, entitled “Cannabis Kills Cancer.” Celebrities, patients, scientists, physicians, and shareholders are expected to attend. The event is intended to raise funds for cannabis-focused cannabis research. Mr. Dabney will reveal his loyalty gift share program at the Gala event while highlighting historical breakthroughs the Company has achieved during its first 7 years of operations in the cannabis industry. This Gala Event will set the stage for the Company to raise “Millions of Dollars to Continue the Fight” by expanding its treatment base targeting critical ailments. The funds raised will go to expand current clinical studies the Company has under way targeting cancer, HIV/AIDS, sleep disorders, pain management, PTSD, autism, and many more critical ailments.
- Cannabis Science executives attended several major events for preparation, including the amfAR Gala 2015, NYC, and several other industry events where the company was able to focus on networking, meet with its current distributors and suppliers, and thank its expanding patient-base in person. Several new CBD, oil (PDCO), and both Indica and Sativa capsule products were developed and entered into cannabis events, where they performed well and impressed judging panels.
- Cannabis Science products can be purchased in dispensaries throughout the state of California as well as in some in Colorado. The company partnered with Purple Haze Properties (owned by a brother of Jimi Hendrix). Jimi’s Meds products can be ordered online by patients in California as well. Developed Jimi’s Meds, a Jimi Hendrix-inspired and branded medical cannabis product line.
- The company’s European Subsidiary, Cannabis Science Europe GmbH., launched the world’s first high-quality cannabis-based instant drink mix, CannaPOW. In order to produce a premium instant cannabis drink mix, the company had to discover a method of protecting cannabinoids from oxidation. Launched in Germany, the Company is now negotiating with distributors to immediately bring CannaPOW to North America.
“As the political tides turn and the market breaks wide-open allowing the cannabis industry to peek its head into daylight, look out as the gates open, they might be bursting at the seams. We are living in very exciting times in this industry, we are creating greatness and we are ALL making history, we should all be very proud! We are moving rapidly and deliberately into well-considered research opportunities and new strategic partnerships. We have emerged at this point because scientists, physicians, and patients increasingly understand that cannabinoids as treatment options have a strong basis in biology and the actions of critical cannabinoid drug moieties are closely allied with the body’s own endo-cannabinoid system. The best is yet to come, and once our laboratory is up and running, we can bring our critical ailment drugs to the market much faster on a much wider basis,” said Dabney. “We are very happy with the first half of 2016, but we are even more optimistic about the second half.”
About Cannabis Science, Inc.
Cannabis Science, Inc., takes advantage of a unique understanding of biologic processes to provide novel treatment approaches for common ailments and for those disorders where current treatments are relatively unsuccessful and understanding remain incomplete. Cannabinoids have an extensive history dating back thousands of years, and currently, there are a growing number of peer-reviewed scientific publications that document the increasingly complex underlying biochemical pathways that cannabinoids modulate. The Company works with leading experts in drug development, medicinal characterization, and clinical research to develop, produce, and commercialize novel therapeutic approaches for the treatment for illnesses caused by infections as well as for age-related illness. Our initial focus is on skin cancers, HIV/AIDS, and neurological conditions. The Company is proceeding with the research and development of its proprietary drugs as a part of this initial focus: CS-S/BCC-1, CS-TATI-1, and CS-NEURO-1, respectively.
This Press Release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Act of 1934. A statement containing words such as “anticipate,” “seek,” intend,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “project,” “plan,” or similar phrases may be deemed “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Some or all of the events or results anticipated by these forward-looking statements may not occur. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include the future U.S. and global economies, the impact of competition, and the Company’s reliance on existing regulations regarding the use and development of cannabis-based drugs. Cannabis Science, Inc., does not undertake any duty nor does it intend to update the results of these forward-looking statements. Safe Harbor Statement. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a ‘safe harbor’ for forward looking statements. Certain of the statements contained herein, which are not historical facts are forward looking statements with respect to events, the occurrence of which involved risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements may be impacted, either positively or negatively, by various factors. Information concerning potential factors that could affect the company are detailed from time to time in the company’s reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Cannabis Science, Inc.
Dr. Allen Herman
Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Cannabis Science, Inc.
Cannabis Science, Inc.
Mr. Raymond C. Dabney
Director, President & CEO, Co-Founder