Founder, John Malanca said “As our industry matures, we strive to stay true to our mission of providing credible, unbiased information in an area of health and medicine that is still fraught with obstacles and half-truths. The singular goal of our conference is to further the potential for medical cannabis by providing healthcare providers, mental health professionals, nurses and the general public with information that is void of the hype.”
Unique to the explosion of cannabis conferences and workshops that seem to pop up daily, UPG’s conference is carefully curated and highly focused, and many of the weekend conference speaker sessions are approved for continuing medical education (CME) credits for healthcare professionals.
Notable Lineup of Speakers
Taking place May 20th – 21st, the Conference and Pre-Conference Nurse’s Workshop includes a notable lineup of speakers, including:
- Judy Arnold – Marin County District 5 Supervisor
- Rebecca Gonzalez – Mother of two – epilepsy and autism
- Bonni Goldstein, M.D. – Medical Director of Canna-Centers
- Brandon Haw – Retired NFL player *
- Julie Holland, M.D. – Psychopharmacologist, psychiatrist and best-selling author
- Charlotte Igo, RN, BSN, MHA, CHPCA – Managing Partner, Complete Hospice and Palliative Care
- Brian Keyner – Seven-year veteran, Fontana Police Department *
- Diana Pena and Jeff Caliri – Founders, Myriam’s Hope
- Cliff Robinson – Retired NBA player *
- Ethan Russo, M.D. – Medical Director, Phytecs; former Senior Medical Advisor to GW Pharmaceuticals
- Dustin Sulak, D.O – Medical Director, Integ8 Health
- Eloise Theisen, MSN, RN, AGPCNP-BC – Founder, Green Health Consultants
- Coltyn Turner – Crohn’s Patient, 2015 Cannabis Advocate of the Year
- Cathie Bennett Warner – Director of Public Relations, Steep Hill Laboratory
- Debbie Wilson, PhD – Brain injury, epilepsy and medical cannabis activist. Writer, public speaker
- Jeremy Wolff – Cannabis expert, author and cannabis historian
*Panelists from Gridiron Cannabis Coalition and others to present perspectives on cannabis in professional sports, PTSD, alternatives to opioids and other topics*
Pre-Conference Workshop Launches Accredited Cannabis Curriculum
United Patients Group is also excited to announce the launch of its Medical Cannabis Curriculum for Health Professionals at this year’s conference. The professional-level education program is an easy-to-use, accredited, cannabis education program that is based on up-to-the-minute cannabinoid research. Doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other medical professionals who are committed to offering their patients the very latest modalities for healing can register for the pre-conference workshop taking place at Dominican University on Friday, May 20th. For healthcare professionals, the pre-conference workshop qualifies participants for four (4) CE contact hours.
“We founded UPG out of a desperate desire to help my terminally ill father-in-law who was given two weeks to live. We scrambled for information. We went down some questionable paths. But even though we encountered a lack of educated, supportive individuals, we eventually uncovered a sound, effective treatment plan. But not everyone is able or capable of doing their own due-diligence in the manner we were”, commented Malanca. “Our conference is laser-focused on providing that same support and shining a light on the efficacy and importance of medical cannabis.”
Complete United Patients Group Conference 2016 information can be found at: http://www.unitedpatientsgroup.com/conference
UPG CONFERENCE AND INFORMATION ONLINE
Qualified members of the media may register for a complimentary press pass to United Patients Group Conference 2016 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
About United Patients Group
United Patients Group (UPG) is the unparalleled online resource and trusted leader for medical cannabis information and education for physicians, patients and health-related organizations.
Learn more about United Patients Group at www.unitedpatientsgroup.com
About United Patients Group – Non-Profit Division
United Patients Group is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that directs your donations to further our mission of bringing financial support to clinical research programs; cannabinoid education programs and training for healthcare providers, mental health professionals, nurse practitioners and others in the medical cannabis field; advocacy and reform at the government level for medical cannabis legalization and research initiatives, along with providing up-to-the-minute access to resources and reliable, relevant information to medical cannabis patients and those that care for them throughout the US and beyond.
Learn more about making a donation, volunteering or other ways to get involved at www.unitedpatientsgroup.com/donate
Available Topic Experts: For information on the listed experts, click appropriate link.
Logo – http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160510/366263LOGO
SOURCE United Patients Group