SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. — High Times, the world’s leading cannabis media and information business, announces the return of the SoCal Medical Cannabis Cup, now expanded to two weekends following record crowds last year.
Over the weekends of January 30-31 and February 5-7, more than 30,000 people – sure to double the crowd from last year – are expected to attend the leading cannabis event featuring live musical performances from top artists, expert seminars and exhibits of cannabis products and services for medical and adult-use.
With medical marijuana now legal in 24 states and adult use cannabis now legal in four states and the District of Columbia, the Cannabis Cup provides the medical community, equipment providers, growers and consumers with the latest cannabis information and products. Recent studies show new, transformational potential benefits from marijuana for athletes and military veterans suffering from severe injuries and trauma, which will be the subject of expert panel discussions.
More than 300 of the leading cannabis companies, businesses, services and products will be available from exhibitors. There will also be a Top Strains event during the first weekend and at the second weekend that concludes with the awarding of the Medical Cannabis Cups for the best strains, edibles and cannabis products across a variety of categories based on laboratory analysis and expert judging.
“We are excited to present this super-sized and upgraded Medical Cannabis Cup in SoCal with tremendous partners, musical talent and experts in cannabis,” said David Kohl, President and CEO of High Times. “We know that there will be something for everyone – education, great music, valuable information about medicinal and adult-use cannabis, and innovations in the industry. Our commitment to delivering the best events in the cannabis space is exemplified in this double weekend.”
Entertainment will include:
- Weekend 1, January 30th and 31st, will feature a concert by The Roots and De La Soul and a Top 10 Strains presentation
- Weekend 2, February 5th to February 7th, will feature the awards show of the Cannabis Cup, and concerts featuring old school favorites Method Man and Redman followed by red-hot Wiz Khalifa.
Seminars about important developments in medicinal cannabis will include:
On weekend 1:
- “Weed for Warriors” hosted by Kevin Richardson, US Marine Corp veteran, and founder of the Weed for Warriors Project
- “California Marijuana Policy Reform 2016: What You Need To Know” presented by Ben Bradley, California Cannabis Industry Association
- “How Cannabis Will Save The NFL” hosted by Michael Cindrich Gridiron Cannabis Coalition and featuring:
- Kyle Turley, former All-Pro offensive lineman Saints, Rams, Chiefs
- Eben Britton, former offensive lineman Jaguars, Bears
- Nathan Jackson, former tight end Broncos
- “The American Veteran: Life After Trauma” hosted by Dakota Blue Serna , Iraq war veteran of the US Marine Corp and public advocate on cannabis use for PTSD.
On weekend 2:
- “Need to Know: An Update of Cannabis Laws in California” hosted by Allison Margolin, Margolin & Lawrence;Featuring:James Raza Lawrence, Margolin & Lawrence, Stewart Richlin, 420 Law Offices and Marcus Musante, former prosecutor and congressional candidate
- “Kennedy to Cannabis: The History of Child Resistant Packaging” presented by Bill Ludlow
- “Should Grandma Smoke Pot? It’s Easy To Turn Seniors Into Activists” presented by Robert Platshorn
Tickets can be purchased at cannabiscup.com
About High Times
For more than 40 years, High Times —the iconic and authoritative media company in the cannabis business — has been educating the cannabis community by leading the fight for legalization and empowering entrepreneurs in this burgeoning industry. High Times’ content spans digital, social, video and print platforms as well as location-based events highlighted by the global Cannabis Cup franchise and the High Times Business Summit conference series.
Follow @HIGH_TIMES_Mag on Twitter, @hightimesmagazine on Instagram or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HIGHTIMESMag/